Dernière mise à jour : mai 4th, 2017 at 12:40
Adapted from an eponymous mystery novel by George Simenon published in 1964, The Blue Room (La Chambre bleue) is the fifth feature film by Mathieu Almaric. Shot with a small budget and a small team, the film is selected this year in the « Un Certain Regard » section at Cannes Film Festival.
A man and a woman love each other in secret in a room, desire themselves, want themselves, even bite themselves. Then exchange a few innocuous words after love. At least the man seems to believe it. For today he is arrested, facing questions from police and judge, Julien is looking for his words.
The Blue Room: the trailer
Adapted from the eponymous mystery novel by George Simenon published in 1964, The Blue Room is his fifth feature film after the public and critical success of On Tour (2010), Award for Best Director and FIPRESCI Prize at the Cannes Film Festival.
To learn more:
- French release: 16/05/2014
- French film distributor: Alfama Films
- Festival d’Avignon 2022 IN & OFF : notre sélection de programmes à voir - 2022-07-02
- « Mongeville » ce soir sur France 3 : 2 épisodes le samedi 2 juillet avec Francis Perrin et Gaëlle Bona - 2022-07-02
- « Parents à perpétuité » ce soir sur ARTE : une comédie sur la « génération boomerang » - 2022-07-01